02 November 2022
Architecturally outstanding with breathtaking design features, converted chapels across Wales offer a warm welcome to guests looking to enjoy a unique holiday within historic walls.
From peaceful chapels tucked away in the countryside to spacious places of worship in the heart of the community, we’ve gathered and highlighted some of the most beautiful, converted chapel holiday lets in Wales for a relaxing stay.
Discover even more quirky cottages and unique stays in Wales in our full extra-special holiday collection:
Chapel On The Green, Brecon Beacons, sleeps 8 + 3 dogs
Nestled in the heart of a vibrant village within walking distance of the River Wye, this quirky converted chapel offers spacious accommodation that is perfect for family and friends looking to enjoy a unique holiday.
After adventures in the dramatic Brecon Beacons, relax amongst provoking artwork, characterful windows, and eclectic features.
- Unwinding in the spacious and warm space, full of art and light
- Exploring gorgeous Glasbury, a vibrant village near Hay-on-Wye
- Having wonderful walking, cycling, wild swimming and kayaking opportunities on your doorstep
Chapel Tabernacle, Llechryd, sleeps 6 + 2 dogs
This super chapel, converted with thought and imagination, provides a restful holiday base for exploring the fantastic Ceredigion coast.
Experience the beautiful beaches, fresh sea air and welcoming waterside villages of West Wales. Tufty-pawed guests are also welcome, so leave no one behind and embrace the coastal adventures which await you.
- Visiting the seaside resorts of Aberporth and New Quay just along the coast
- The wonderful walks available on the doorstep
- Taking in the glorious West Wales beaches
The Chapel Cheyney Estate, Bishops Frome, sleeps 2 + 1 dog
Set in the wonderful Welsh Borders, this beautifully restored 16th-century chapel is simply perfect for couples who want to get away whatever the time of year.
Idyllically set within 60 acres of established gardens overlooking a picture-perfect lake, this bolthole is perfectly placed for exploring the Malvern Hills AONB, the Wye Valley and the Brecon Beacons National Park.
- Exploring the 60 acres of mature gardens and ancient woodlands
- Discovering the Malvern Hills, the Forest of Dean, and the Brecon Beacons
- Breathtaking strolls along the wealth of well-waymarked paths
Capel Coffa, Dolgellau, sleeps 8 + 2 dogs
Explore stunning Snowdonia from this gorgeous former chapel, which is close to the local shops and a short distance from the incredible coast.
With plenty of original features, including exposed stonework and a striking arched window, the converted chapel also welcomes a pair of happy hounds.
Nestled in delightful gardens with lush Welsh vistas, this unique holiday home is well-positioned for anyone who enjoys walking, cycling and mountain biking.
- The enclosed garden and fabulous views
- Enjoying a unique group getaway exploring Snowdonia National Park
- Exploring nearby Dolgellau with its shops, pubs, and cafes
The Former Chapel Of Ease, Brecon Beacons, sleeps 6
This charming converted chapel to rent from the 1600s is set in the peaceful village of Gwynfein in Carmarthenshire. Enjoy an idyllic stay in a secluded area of the brilliant Brecon Beacons National Park and Dark Sky Reserve.
Enthusiastic walkers will love this area and can take advantage of the spectacular surrounding hillsides and lakes.
Dine alfresco in the lovely walled garden with a table and chairs, or cosy up around the wood burner in the decorative open-plan living space.
- Unwinding in this beautifully restored Grade II-listed historic chapel
- Admiring the many interesting features, including the vibrant stained-glass windows
- The access to the beautiful Brecon Beacons National Park
Capel Neigwl, Abersoch, sleeps 10 + 2 dogs
Enjoy a luxurious stay in this stylish converted chapel located on the Llyn Peninsula Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty.
Experience the beaches, water sports and wildlife of this beautiful peninsula before retreating to admire the original and bespoke features of this empathetically refurbished chapel.
Unwind in the private hot tub while gazing up above, taking in the twinkling starry skies.
- Unwinding in the exclusive hot tub
- Making the most of the contemporary twists and original features
- The idyllic location, within walking distance of Hell's Mouth Beach
Hafan Y Traeth, Barmouth, sleeps 8 + 2 dogs
Radiating timeless charm, this former chapel has been converted into an elegant getaway with timber beams, a lawned garden, remarkable sea views and gorgeous contemporary decor.
The location is perfect for friends and family looking to explore Snowdonia’s coast, countryside and culture. Enjoy water sports galore and taste some mouth-watering local delights.
- Walking to the shops and beach from this bright converted chapel
- Waking up to panoramic sea views of the North Wales coast
- Visiting Barmouth and its charming harbour or Harlech with its iconic castle
More peaceful retreats
6 Tabernacl Apartment, Aberdovey
From enjoying dramatic views of the Dyfi Estuary through elegant arched windows to experiencing cosy stays at a charming former Sunday School hall in the countryside, browse through these peaceful retreats for even more holiday inspiration.
Luxury stays in Wales
Strawberry Wood Barn, Abergavenny
It’s not just beautifully converted chapels in Wales that we offer! We also have a lovely collection of luxury cottages in Wales, quirky glamping escapes and luxurious woodland lodges in Wales to enjoy too!
For our full range of cottages, glamping, shepherds' huts and unique places to stay in Wales, take a look at our full range of luxurious places to stay in Wales below:
Disclaimer: Whilst every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of the information at the time of writing,
please ensure you check carefully before making any decisions based on the contents within this article.