There’s something about fancy bathtubs that make a luxury escape even more extravagant, from al fresco tubs to pink roll-tops with tonnes of character.
When life calls for a long soak, lots of bubbles (of both varieties that come to mind) and relaxed living, we have just the solution for you.
We’ve scoured our collection of cottages and lodges in Wales and handpicked eight breathtaking cottages in Wales for their irresistible bathtubs that we know will add an extra slice of luxury and indulgence to holidays in Wales.
Cappele Cottage, Betws-y-Coed - sleeps 4
- Gazing from the tub across the rolling Snowdonia hills
- Soaking tired legs after hiking through the mountains
- Quality time with a good book and glass of red
When you’re craving peace and respite, this cosy Wales cottage more than delivers.
We’re not just talking about this gorgeous roll-top bath which gazes out the window, but the rest of the property which is pretty magical too.
Its rural location in Snowdonia National Park lends itself to those who love putting their feet up just as much as they love adventures.
Eathelin, Tenbury Wells - sleeps 2
- Sleeping among the birds in a hand-crafted treehouse
- Slipping into the copper bath at the end of a busy day
- The sense of opulence you’ll get from also having a private hot tub
Firstly, it’s a treehouse, and there’s nothing we love more than somewhere that sets you at the heart of nature.
Secondly, it’s a treehouse with a free-standing copper bath, complimentary use of towels and robes, and the opportunity to book a massage, therapies and wine tasting through the owners.
Talk about ultimate indulgence; this luxury treehouse stay in the Welsh Borders will more than satisfy your holiday dreams.
Town Farm, Grosmont - sleeps 10
- That every bedroom has its own boutique bathroom
- That feeling of indulgence while you soak in a pastel pink tub
- The unusual fabrics, original paintings and antique furniture
Have you ever seen such elegant bathrooms? Like something straight out of a period drama, these charming bathrooms are two of many in a recently restored cottage in South Wales that has maintained a wealth of original features like carved door heads and a colossal iron key for the front door!
If you’re heading here with family though, you’ll want to arrive first to claim the en-suite bedroom with the gorgeous pastel pink tub, although every room does have the luxury of its own boutique bathroom including a Jacuzzi cooper 'Bateau' bath!
Blackthorn Cottage, Crickhowell - sleeps 4
- Rolling out of bed and straight into the bathtub
- Doing your bit for sustainable living by staying here
- Finding the wood-fired sauna hidden away in the garden
This is the kind of place that you can’t wait to tell everyone about but, at the same time, you want to keep it as your little secret.
As well as the indulgence of having a bathtub in the bedroom, this cosy stone barn hidden away in the hills is not only a romantic bolthole, but it lays claim to some impressive eco-credentials too. There is a windmill in the garden, plus a natural spring and a wood burner which are all used to supply the electricity, water and heating!
Carmel Farmhouse, Rhosneigr - sleeps 14
- Enjoying a quiet morning soak in the bathtub
- Evening drinks and nostalgic chats in the outdoor hot tub
- Waking up to those views. Need we say more?
What we love about his stylish roll-top bath is that it offers a place of peace and serenity in a big house, that’s likely to be full of family.
It’s the perfect spot to sneak off to when you need some time to yourself. This stylish cottage in North Wales benefits from space and views like no other. With six bedrooms to choose from, it’s somewhere you can relax together as a family or group of friends but enjoy moments to yourself too.
The Old Barn At Nant Y Gaseg Farm, Pontardawe - sleeps 6
- Exploring this stunning 17th-century barn conversion and idyllic grounds
- Admiring the contemporary design and original features
- Sinking into the secluded outdoor twin cast iron bathtubs to enjoy sunsets over the garden
Relax and enjoy a soak in one of the outdoor twin cast iron bathtubs, completely secluded from view.
This luxury barn is located near Pontardawe, on the periphery of the beautiful Brecon Beacons National Park. Set your sights on this idyllic base and explore wonderful South Wales at your own pace.
The Old Barn At Nant Y Gaseg Farm is a beautiful countryside retreat, complete with a stone circle, an outdoor sheltered seating area and wigwam.
Redford Farm Barns, Ludlow - sleeps 12
- Getting lost in thought as you while away a peaceful hour in the bathtub
- Socialising in the entertainment barn – with its own bar
- Cooking up a storm in the outdoor kitchen
There’s something exciting about lying in a bathtub in daylight and gazing out the window! It’s probably something you wouldn’t do at home, but you’d definitely consider it here!
This elegant roll-top bath looks out over the surrounding fields of this stylish barn conversion. The perfect base for social gatherings and family get-togethers, Redford Farm Barns will satisfy your cravings for respite in more than one way.
Ty Bach, Hay-on-Wye - sleeps 2
- Listening to the birdsong as you take a morning dip
- The feel of the invigorating cool air before you slip into the tub
- Having the choice between an outside bathtub and a wood-fired hot tub
Hands up who’s already imagining sinking into this outside bath with a glass of bubbles in hand?
This unique stone bothy is like no other escape you’ll ever experience. Completely off-grid, with a multitude of eco-friendly features, it provides a close-to-nature escape with a few unique luxuries thrown in too!
Sink into your own luxury cottage
Have you fallen in love with these cosy cottages in Wales with irresistible bathtubs?
Get booking to secure these unique escapes for your next break away from the real world, where ultimate indulgence meets the adventures and discoveries of the beautiful Welsh countryside.
For more inspiration, you might also like to see our most enchanting hot tub breaks, cottages off the beaten track, and our glorious glamping escapes.
Disclaimer: Whilst every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of the information at the time of writing,
please ensure you check carefully before making any decisions based on the contents within this article.