Stay in a shepherd's hut in Wales to experience the very best of this remarkable country and get back to nature.
Wales’ landscape is filled with castles, market towns and adventure centres, yet it has always been best-renowned for its remarkable natural beauty.
In the Brecon Beacons and Snowdonia, mountains rise out of the landscape to dominate the horizons, while the coast is scattered with soft-sand beaches and rugged cliffs. Inland, these magnificent features give way to gently rolling fields, rushing rivers and enchanting forests. The only way to truly experience the magic of this unique destination is by spending your days on a shepherd's hut holiday surrounded by nature.
Treat yourself to a stay in a luxury shepherd's hut, pick out a shepherd's hut with a hot tub, or find a dog-friendly shepherd's hut so your four-pawed pup can join you on your next getaway to Wales.
Begin your adventure by looking through our collection of shepherds' huts in Wales or continue reading to uncover a few of our favourites…
Abergavenny, Brecon Beacons
Hide out in this secluded shepherd's hut in South Wales
- The magical setting within your own private woodland
- A crackling firepit for atmospheric evenings beneath a starry sky
- Unique eco facilities that include a compost toilet!
This exquisite woodland lodge was originally a writer’s cabin which is no surprise as the setting and the property itself is beautiful and inspiring. It’s romantic, the perfect place for a couple’s retreat, and surrounded by nature with a stylishly rustic interior.
This exquisite woodland escape also features in our guide to glamping in Wales, alongside many other beautiful huts, hidden boltholes and impressive safari tents so you'll soon find the perfect retreat for your off-grid getaway.
Monmouth, Wye Valley
Get back to nature with this shepherd's hut to rent
- Views across farmland and the Usk Valley
- The forest floor bursts into colour during bluebell season
- Urban amenities are just down the road from this off-grid haven
Retreat to this picturesque shepherd's hut in Wales set in a secluded forest setting with views for miles. Vibrant Monmouth is just 6 miles down the road. The wood burner doubles up as an oven, making the most of the space in this enchanting home-from-home.
Llandyfan, West Wales
Invite the whole pack to stay in this dog-friendly shepherd's hut
- A wood-fired hot tub adds a touch of indulgence to your trip
- Panoramic views of the surrounding hillsides
- Riding lessons and stabling available on request
This Wales shepherd's hut is set on its own raised platform so you can gaze down on the world from the comfort of your own private bolthole. Unwind in the wood-fired hot tub with a glass of bubbly in hand or snuggle up in the beautifully furnished interior around a crackling wood burner.
Crickhowell, Brecon Beacons
Take a dip in the plunge pool at this unique Brecon Beacons shepherd's hut
- Your own private natural plunge pool that flows from a river on the property
- Mountainous landscape provides an unforgettable backdrop
- The gorgeous interior with unique features
A combination of a recycled railway cabin and an oak log cabin create this serene space for travellers. A truly eco philosophy has ensured this shepherd's hut was put together with care and the surroundings which includes a natural plunge pool, neighbouring donkeys, and the Black Mountains in the distance encourages time spent outdoors.
Little Wenlock, Shropshire
Enjoy a holiday filled with exploration with this characterful shepherd's hut stay
- Meeting the cattle at this farmstead destination
- Telford and Shropshire are within 11 miles for amenities and boutique shopping
- Fishermen and women can spend their days on the River Severn nearby
Set on the edge of the Shropshire Hills Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty and with the River Severn just a couple of miles down the road, this is a delightful location for long country and riverside walks or a fishing getaway. This hand-crafted shepherd’s lodge boasts a charming interior where you can unwind in peace after exploring the region.
6. Island Hide | sleeps 2 and 1 dog
Pentre Berw, North Wales
Escape to an unforgettable location with this shepherd's hut in North Wales
- A wood-fired hot tub for end-of-day relaxation
- Rustic interior overflowing with eco-style
- More phenomenal views and picturesque scenery – this is what glamping’s all about after all!
In the far north of the country, on the island of Anglesey connected to mainland Wales by a bridge, this shepherd’s hut is a world away from the hubbub of bustling towns and cities. Hit the beach, just 7 miles away, before returning to sit out on the decking where outdoor lighting provides the chance for evening drinks alfresco while you stargaze or lounge in the hot tub.
Hay-on-Wye, Brecon Beacons
Unwind with your favourite people at this collection of shepherds' huts with a hot tub
- A streamside, wood-fired hot tub encircled by pretty trees
- Private cabins and a central fire pit for evening gatherings
- Canoe and bike hire available at the base of the mountain for River Wye adventures
If you’re planning a bigger break with six, eight or 15 of your favourite people, you should take a look at this wonderful collection of shepherds' huts in Wales. Made up of three cabins sleeping two guests each, you can also book the farmhouse if you're planning a special celebration. Sit around the central fire pit to toast fluffy marshmallows and laugh with friends and family.
Llanidloes, Mid Wales
Soak up scenic surroundings at this pretty shepherd's hut in Mid Wales
- Idyllic riverside location
- 4-acre smallholding with landscaped gardens to enjoy
- Wood burner for cosy evenings in
Enjoy al fresco lunches by a babbling brook at this cosy shepherd's hut in the Hafren Valley set on a 4-acre smallholding with chickens, a wildlife pond, an orchard and bewitching views. Roam the footpaths and cycle routes to discover this exquisite region.
Crickhowell, Brecon Beacons
Lay back for an evening’s stargazing during your shepherd's hut glamping retreat
- Take in the stars through the clear roof above the bed
- Decking and seating with views of the Brecon Beacon mountainside
- 30 acres of farm to explore with animals to meet
This restored Victorian railway carriage has been hand-crafted with care by the owner from local hillside timber and is a stunning base from which to explore your surroundings. There are local walks, attractions and on-site animals to meet although when night falls, there’s no need to leave this shepherd’s hut as you can stargaze through the clear roof above the bed.
Abergavenny, Brecon Beacons
Sink beneath the bubbles after days exploring on your shepherd's hut holiday with a hot tub
- Sinking into your own private hot tub
- Enjoy coffee and a bite to eat at the on-site tea room
- Trips into the bustling Brecon Beacons market town of Abergavenny
In the east of the Brecon Beacons, beneath renowned Skirrid, nestles this shepherd's hut with its own hot tub for spoiling yourself while away. Take in the serenity of this beauty spot from the comfort of your cabin or venture out and get to know the Brecon Beacons on foot along the many crisscrossing trails or by canoe along the River Wye.
While planning your shepherd's hut holiday to Wales, explore our entire collection where you’ve got a fabulous range of cabins and huts to pick from, with everything from shepherd's huts in dramatic North Wales to the serene southern coastline and everywhere in between.
Retreat to one of these shepherd's huts in Wales for a holiday full of enchanting scenery and star-speckled evenings.
Disclaimer: Whilst every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of the information at the time of writing,
please ensure you check carefully before making any decisions based on the contents within this article.